Internal Ownership Transition
Responsible ownership transition allows owners to pass their firm’s legacy to a new generation of leaders.
In the life of every firm, there is a need to pass on its legacy and its ownership. Greenway Group approaches transition planning from a perspective of stewardship and resilency—of the culture, the staff, and clients—as well as from financial considerations. We work with a firm’s current and future owners to evaluate alternatives and tradeoffs, define financial strategies, implement change and strenghten ongoing leadership development.
Read Greenway Strategies for Success 'Engaging Your Future Firm Leaders: NOW!'
Aligning Values & Vision
Greenway Group works with clients to build comprehensive internal ownership transition plans that align with a firm’s values and vision. Our professional services focus on the financial implications of transition and retaining key talent. We explore healthy ways for owners to divest stock shares, while assuring the future quality, financial strength, and brand repute of the firm.
We provide opinion and structure for review of agreements with respect to financing, timing, contractual relationship, and common sense.
Our services relating to Internal Transition Planning include:
- Developing proven and innovative covenants regarding employment contracts, retirement benefits, and shareholder agreements.
- Evaluating potential updates and enhancements to existing buy-sell agreements to reflect the new ownership context.
- Designing career path frameworks, including approaches to making new principals and criteria.
- Advising all parties about common mistakes made during ownership transitions and discussing how to anticipate and avoid them.
- Facilitating Change Management, staff engagement and stakeholder alignment.
Next → Firm Valuation